One of the basic treatments for Eczema is using a skin cream to keep your skin moist and thus help prevent those itching, burning, unsightly dry patches, but how do you know which eczema skin cream to choose?
There are a number of skin creams on the market today that claim they will help the itching and dryness caused by eczema. However, not all of these creams will do all that they promise to do and they can often result in making your eczema symptoms worse instead of better. So what should you be looking for when shopping for an eczema cream? Here are a few tips to help you find the best healing moisturizer cream for your skin.
- Look for oil based eczema creams. If the first ingredient listed for a skin cream is water, pass it by. Water actually tends to dry skin and water based skin creams will dry out your skin rather than moisturize it.
- Look for Aloe as one of the main ingredients. Aloe Vera is known for its healing properties and the addition of Aloe in a skin cream may help promote faster healing.
- Vitamin E is good too! Vitamin E is often recommended for use on surgical scars as it promotes quicker healing and less scaring, choosing an eczema cream with vitamin E as well as aloe can help your dry patches to heal faster as well as diminish itching in many cases.
- Avoid fragrances and artificial dyes in your eczema cream. The addition of these ingredients might actually make your eczema flare up worse instead of making it better. Choosing something that is all-natural and contains no synthetic ingredients is a wise decision.
- Ask your doctor. Chances are your dermatologist has treated many patients who suffer from eczema and will know which creams work the best on the largest number of people. He or she may recommend two or three creams that are known to have good results and from there, you can see which one works best for you.
- Do a little homework on your own. The internet is filled with product reviews and there are bound to be some for various types of eczema creams that are on the market. Take the time to read through the reviews and note the ones that seem to have the best results for most people. Also take note of any creams that have negative side effects so that you can avoid those when looking for a cream to treat your eczema.
- Be prepared to pay the price. Good quality cream for your eczema is probably not going to be cheap. So be prepared to pay the price for a good cream that actually works. While money is always a consideration these days, you will save more money by buying a good skin cream that works than by buying several that do nothing for you.
Keep in mind that there are a lot of excellent skin creams on the market that help to treat your eczema. It is simply a matter of finding the one that works the best for you.